Husted Concrete Products, Inc. is a family-owned business that has been operating for over 25 years.
- National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA) - Certified Plant
- Certified NYS Women's Business Enterprise (WBE)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) - Member
- New York State DOT - Approved Plant
- Association of General Contractors (AGC) - Member
- 1940s: Bundy Concrete Products established; began manufacturing pipe
- 1960s: Began producing flared end sections and other precast items
- 1978: Began prestressed bridge beam operations
- 1990: Husted Concrete Products, Inc. established; purchases Bundy Concrete
- 2002: Joined NPCA and qualified three employees in the PQS program
- 2005: NPCA Certified Plant; Began producing box culverts, span units and wing walls
- 2010: Developed new precast abutment system that can be set with a large excavator
Husted Concrete Products, Inc. was established in 1990 after acquiring the operations of the former Bundy Concrete Company. Bundy had started in the 1940s, making concrete pipe and later other precast items including flared pipe end sections. In 1978, they began fabricating prestressed bridge beams. Since acquiring Bundy, Husted Concrete has continued with these same products, in addition to adding and developing several new product lines.
In 2005, Husted Concrete began fabricating box culverts, three-sided span units and precast wing walls. At the same time, the company obtained National Precast Concrete Association Certified Plant status. This certification has been maintained ever since.
In collaboration with Husted Concrete's licensed professional engineer, the company developed a new product in 2010. A precast abutment system consisting of footer units with integral H piles and large lagging panels was designed. This system allows municipalities to install these units using their own crews. The size of the components are designed so that they can be handled by a large excavator, eliminating the need for a crane. The Town of Steuben, NY installed the first of these systems in 2010. Several municipalities have since incorporated this system into their highway infrastructure.
Along with building standard designs, Husted Concrete also works with engineers, highway superintendents and contractors to create custom solutions for site-specific needs. Over the last several years, Husted Concrete has developed: temporary bridge structures for NYSDOT projects using tongue and groove beams that can be readily removed after use, abutment repair panels that increase the longevity of existing bridge abutments, and special bridge seats that minimize the cost of replacing a structure. Each project we complete follows our motto of Building concrete solutions for your problems.